We have a tradition of innovative concert programming that encompasses many areas of the repertoire, such as:
- classical overtures, concertos and symphonies;
- works for smaller orchestra from the 19th and 20th centuries;
- neglected works by well known composers;
- new works specially commissioned by the orchestra
The "word cloud" to the right shows the composers that we have performed most often.
- Rossini: Overture, 'La Gazza Ladra'
- Chopin: Piano Concerto No. 1 in E minor Op. 11 (soloist Simon Callaghan)
- Glinka: Summer Night in Madrid
- Schubert: Symphony No. 4 in C minor ('Tragic')
- Haydn: Symphony 93 in D
- Mendelssohn: Konzertstucke in F (soloists Stephen Willis and Helen Smith)
- Delius: Two Aquarelles
- Mozart: Symphony no 38 ('Prague')
- Schubert: Overture in D Major, D. 556
- Beethoven: Violin Concerto (soloist Mathilde Milwidsky)
- Mozart: Symphony no 31 in D major, K. 297/300a ('Paris')
- Carlos Surinach: Sinfonia Chica ('Small Symphony')
Click here to view all our performances.